Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Goodbye Tesco, Hello PHN!

It's been a while since my last post. A lot of things happened since then: I got married, changed job, bought my parents' house, and my dad was diagnosed MDS/MPN - I got so overwhelmed, I don't know where to start! But I guess it's best for me to start with my new job, and go backwards from there.

I have left my Merchandise Planner job at Tesco and joined PHN Industry (subsidiary of DRB HICOM) as Supply Chain Management Senior Executive. It is a very challenging role, basically I'm working on a project to improve certain areas of the company's supply chain. Have to be very independent here, and have to be strong and gain knowledge from various people in various departments. I believe reading is a must, as you have to think how you can do further improvements.

Process-wise, definitely big difference from Tesco. Manufacturing and Retailing are way different industries, I really push myself to cope up with all the learnings! I am lucky enough to have such knowledgeable & co-operative people around me, so the journey of my learning curve will be less tough.

Environment-wise, superb! As they are encouraging people to go prayers early & fasting. Also have Islamic talk every month. Seems like the best place to change to a better person.

Overall, love the company, and I hope that I can progress and build my career with this company :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment