Sunday, November 1, 2015

November Health Target

Hey people! 1st November is here! It's nearing to year end, and there are still few goals to achieve (yikes!).

The past few months have been quite a journey, both personally & professionally. I just received my confirmation letter a few days ago from my employer (yay!), my dad did a blood transfusion about 2 weeks back (and yes, he's still diagnosed Leukemia), and also my husband and I went for a 2 weeks Europe backpacking trip in mid of September ( check out the updates in https://jenjalankami.wordpress.com ).

Life was very fast-paced for the last couple of months. And so lead to a less healthier diet and lack of exercise (if any).

I did not think about it that way, until I wanted to participate in a blood donation drive held yesterday at Subang Parade, a shopping complex in Subang Jaya. I was denied after the blood test - the doctor said my blood pressure readings were too low to donate.

The doctor said it might be due to less water intake, but I also knew that there were other contributors as well. Having a consistently-at-the-lower-border blood pressure, I knew my blood pressure would drop when 1) I'm stressed out 2) forcing myself to do highly tiring activities 3) Not enough sleep.

With all of the above can't be avoided in daily lives, I have heard advices before to eat a balanced diet & exercise regularly to maintain the blood pressure. This was what I practised previously (which works!), until daily lives started to give in.

I have vowed to be back on my health track starting the 1st Monday in November (which is tomorrow!). I will update on my achievements and challenges. Nothing like committing what you do in a writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment