Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 2 - Arriving in London and around Walthamstow

I'm getting pretty slow at writing, aren't I? =) I arrived at Heathrow sometime at 6.45 am. Pretty much was an easy journey, but faced some obstacles at first. Firstly, my luggage combination lock refused to unlock. So there goes my first 5 Pound to buy a lock for my luggage. Then I started to transfer some items between bags and then went straight to the tube, just to remember that I left my gloves at the airport seat! And there goes the glove~ It's only my first 2 hours in the UK and I already felt like I'm having a bad day. I arrived at the Blackhorse Road station at about 9 am. I headed to the nearest bus stop, and stopped a black cab passing by. I was charged about 7 Pound, but hey, better than having to walk all the way. It was super cold~ Especially without gloves. Arrived at my brother's house in Mayfield Road at about 9.30 a.m. Though both he & my sis-in-law were working on that day, they made me feel very welcomed. Great Britain book with details on places to visit and maps highlighted (sorry bro, did not had the chance to visit the museum.. Was always distracted by other places on the way!), UK SIM card (Giffgaff which made sms between me, my bro & my sis free! And with 3G!) & not to forget the Oyster Card (pre-loaded, with a top up money given just in case it's not enough). Both of you made my stay ease & enjoyable. Thank you very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment