Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Day 1 - Flying to Abu Dhabi

It's been a long day. Wake up very early in the morning, went to office to settle some works (Yes, on the day I was suppose to be on leave, voluntarily - unbelievable). Manage to finish the important, but of course, many of them is still there. I decided to listen to my friend's advice: work never finish.

So i got home pretty early. Reached home by 11 something. Had small talk with my parents & sis before I went for packing (yes, I just started to seriously pack a few hours before flight, and I'm packing for winter!). My dad told me to build some to-bring list, but I ended up googled it, and only read it halfway. =p

We left for the airport at almost 5. A bit jammed up, but better than we go any later. Reached the airport at about 6 pm, which is still early as my flight will be at 8.25. My dad was thinking of having some Teh Tarik at outside mamak, until we weighted our bags and my hand luggage seem to be far off. Transferring things happen, then we checked in & everything settled by 7. There goes Teh Tarik outside.

Since my dad is so against the RM6 teh tarik at a cafe near the gate, we ended up having some refreshments at the foodcourt instead. I was so hungry, but I was advised by a friend to save the stomach for the good Etihad food. And so I did.

My boarding time was 7.25, so we had very brief time at the foodcourt before I went for the gate. I reached my designated gate just in time to join the long que. Sigh~ but yeah, i killed time by whatsapping, facebooking & the likes. I just love technologies. They made my travel waiting time less boring, not like the old days. =)

Once I got to my sit, I was feeling highly excited for the trip. Can't wait to see Abu Dhabi's airport (although it's just for transit.. My last transit at Bahrain a few years ago was awesome, scenery wise - airport was really beside the sea!). But this time flight is at night, so I guess not much scenery when we land for transitting.

I think the plane was good. It has USB port, internet cable port (well, it looks like it) and most important, power point! I guess I'll be charging my phone after the transit. =D

Each seat has its own screen, so was pretty good compared to the one I boarded when I went to Beijing last time. I think it was MAS, but then maybe it was their old plane. I managed to watch 2 movies (Hotel Transylvania & ParaNorman =D) before my ears started to feel kinda uneasy. So i took a nap instead, which only lasted for a while. I don't usually sleep in travel time. So I decided to blog. =p

Food served was good. I had chicken tagine with vegetable briyani & roasted courgettes as the main course. I have no idea what those are, but they tasted good. And the best thing of all, they have tomato juice! Yeyy~

We'll be having another 1 hour 27 minutes to Abu Dhabi, so I guess I'll get myself a bit of nap. It'll be a few hours transit at Abu Dhabi. @_@

No comments:

Post a Comment